Fundamentally Children’s expertise and understanding of child development is internationally renown and with a growing network of expert associates, we are able to support brands at all stages of development
- Pre production – consultancy, consumer insight
- Production – prototype testing and accreditation
- Post production – brand support – using our expert voice to help communicate the developmental benefits of the brand
The unique combination of robust research methodology, in-depth understanding of children and family life, along with over 20 year experience in the toy and digital industries makes the team at Fundamentally Children a valuable partner to any organisation providing products or services to children.
Dr Amanda Gummer
Amanda has a PhD in neuropsychology, the Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education and over 20 years experience working with children and families. Widely considered as the UK’s go to expert on play, toys and child development, she combines her theoretical knowledge with a refreshingly pragmatic approach to family life, what resonates both with parents and professionals.
(click below to learn more about Dr Gummer)
Why Choose Us?
Our vision is to help create a world where children are able to fulfil their potential and develop – during a safe, happy and playful childhood – the skills they need to thrive throughout their lives.
- Benefit from our expertise – Understanding children is so vital in creating content or developing products for children. Our experts provide a wide range of services to ensure this is no longer guess work.
- Independent Evaluation & Accreditation – Our rigorous evaluation processes make our accreditation highly valued. The attractive stamps of approval for the Good Toy Guide and Good App Guide are increasingly sought out by consumers and retailers and give all stakeholders confidence.
- Additional Brand Support & Endorsement – Having your products evaluated by the Good Toy Guide or Good App Guide is just the beginning. Following endorsement, we support products and services through wide reaching media opportunities where our independent expertise is valued and in demand.
Why Adopt Our Framework?
Our unique ‘three phase’ framework ensures consistent, brand-enhancing development from your licensees.
Audience analysis to identify the characteristics of the children engaging with your brand.
Licensee support – The understanding gained from phase 1 will enable us to support you in finding the right licensee partners
Working with your licensees to support the product development process that reflect your brand’s values and resonate with your core audience (toy, gift, digital education and publishing only).
Benefits to the Licensor
- Reputation enhancing
- Attract better licensees
- Saving money – avoiding mistakes
- Longevity of property – creating evergreens
- Cohesive approach across licensees – clearer brand identity
Benefits to the Licensee
- Cost effective NPD
- Retention of license
- Longevity of product ranges
- Increased sales to a receptive audience
Phases & Costs
Costs may vary depending on your requirements. Below are some typical costs which represent a standard framework project.
(All costs are subject to VAT)
Ask us about tailor making your framework by including a survey, using additional focus groups to provide more detailed understanding, enjoying extra consultancy time to support your in house team, or adding on more product reviews.
Phone: 01438 831204