Brief & Background
- DHX Brands were looking to introduce a new expert-endorsed sub-category targeting the younger end of the preschool sector.
- The company created First Steppers framework to provide a clearer definition of the six months to 2½ years age range and, in doing so, offer guidance and unlock fresh opportunities for licensees, retailers and consumers.
- DHX enlisted the help of Fundamentally Children to provide evidence of the developmental characteristics of children in the 6 months to 2.5 year age range, as well as identifying issues faced by parents of that age group. We were then engaged to present the results to the industry to highlight consumer needs and opportunities for retailers, manufacturers and licensors to benefit from this research.
Summary of services provided
- Media spokesperson
How we helped
- Ages and stages of child development
- Consumer landscape for preschool products
- Shopping behaviour of parents with young children
- Parenting pain points
- Creating a First Steppers framework to highlight the developmental characteristics of children aged 6 months to 2.5 years with a particular focus on their play behaviour
- Providing written content and spokesperson role to launch the Fist Stepper Framework to the industry.