[pullquote align="full" cite="" link="" color="" class="" size=""] We were delighted to be involved as experts in all child related areas.
Recently McDonalds have been focusing on yet another area to support children. The all new Happy Studio app has launched in the UK on 16 December 2015 and across Europe over recent days and weeks. This initiative is close to our hearts at Fundamentally Children as we’ve been involved with its development from the early concept phase. Whilst we are certainly not developers and leave the creative genius to McDonalds and their partners R/GA we were delighted to be involved as experts in all child related areas.
Our Experts on what's next for the Happy Studio app
Our Experts on being approached for the Happy Studio project
The Purpose of Happy Studio
- Creating a model of play: as a basis for purposeful ideas, a reference during development and a way to communicate the benefits to parents
- Insights into children and apps: firing the team’s inspiration with insights into existing children’s apps, ages and stages of development, what children are into etc.
- Expert sounding board: keeping in touch throughout development to answer questions, provide the children’s perspective and look for opportunities to optimise the potential for development/learning.
- User testing: play testing prototypes at strategic points to gather feedback directly from children and parents, verify the developmental benefit, assess user experience and fun.
- Suggest activities: providing ideas for the activities played away from the screen, ensuring these fit well with the target age, and extending learning/development opportunities within these.
When the prelaunch version of the app was ready, our Good App Guide also reviewed the app. This was carried out with a different set of children and experts than those involved with its development. This gave us a glimpse of what it is like for our clients nervously waiting for our verdict when they submit toys and apps to us to be reviewed! We were delighted to see the glowing comments coming back from the little testers and their parents, as well as from the experts.[pullquote align="full" cite="" link="" color="" class="" size=""]“This is so much fun, love it” - Girl aged 6[/pullquote] [pullquote align="full" cite="" link="" color="" class="" size=""] “We loved the animations and the vibrant colours the app used – these, along with the simple gameplay, make the app very appealing to children.” - Good App Guide expert reviewer, teacher, Claire Gillies [/pullquote]
We are proud to be able to endorse the new Happy Studio app as well as the child-centred approach used to create it and look forward to continuing to support its development as it evolves.